Daily Briefing Live - May 15, 2020
Resources Mentioned in Today's Episode
- New York Times article: Hospitals knew how to make money. Then coronavirus happened.
- Kaiser Family Foundation article: Eligibility for ACA health coverage following job loss
- Axios article: The coming coronavirus mental health crisis:
- The Case for Building a Post Health System Brand
- VCU shoutout: A collaboration between a doctor and black clergy in Richmond could be a model. Health care should be the next great social justice movement.
Being a Leader in Today’s Market
- Markets that have provided transparency, continuous public health and education messaging, and partnerships with other markets, have proven to be trusted leaders during this time.
- Contact tracing is critical for cities and states that are taking a more cautious approach to reopening.
- There’s a need for people and employees to understand their mental health resources and how to access them. Ask yourself what the need is in your market and as a leader of that community, what can you do about it?
- Keep the dialogue and relationships going with public figures about the importance of public health messaging even as COVID-19 starts to decline.