Daily Briefing Live - May 20, 2020
Resources Mentioned in Today's Episode
CNN Article: Florida and Georgia facing scrutiny for their COVID-19 data reporting
Vox Article: Georgia’s COVID-19 cases aren’t declining as quickly as initial data suggested they were
Kateto Survey: The State of the Nation: A 50-State COVID-19 Survey
Primary Care Collaborative Survey: Primary Care & COVID-19: Week 8 Survey
COVID-19's Impact on Primary Care
- 70 percent of practices have reported a 50 percent drop in inpatient visits, and only half of those visits are reimbursable.
- One-third of primary care clinicians believe COVID-19 is going to affect the independence of primary care practices across the country.
- According to Epic Health Resources, there has been an 86 to 95 percent decrease in cancer screening during this time.
- Many patients have put off care, which is going to increase acute care over time.
What Should Marketers Be Doing to Support Primary Care Clinics?
- Continue to push for patients to come in for annual exams.
- Make sure your hospital has a digital experience enabled.
- Increase self-screening and make sure they have easy access to virtual visits if they find something abnormal.