Daily Briefing Live - May 22, 2020
Resources Mentioned in Today's Episode
- Modern Healthcare Article: April was the worst month ever for hospital operating margins
Reflections from a CMO
- As marketers, we've aligned to take on the task at hand.
- We've assessed the best way to use our resources in a responsible way to make an impact.
- Providing clarity to our team has been crucial to our well-being during this crisis.
- In past crises (Hurricane Katrina, for instance), we were able to pull help from other markets. Unfortunately, with COVID-19, we're all in the same place — unable to use our networks for resources as we have in the past.
- The ability to be proactive in our earned media has earned the confidence of our leadership and executives.
- We come at each challenge with a sense of responsibility.
The biggest takeaway from this time
- The ability to be clear in answering:
- What is the task?
- What is the strategy?
- Who are we trying to serve?
- Understanding that people don't have extra bandwidth at this time and providing them with grace and clarity.
The biggest challenges in moving forward
- Eventually, we will return to what is familiar. As we get further away from this period, it's crucial to keep disciplined and to continue the impact we've created during this time.
- We will focus on these things:
- Recognizing good work.
- Talking about results.
- Finding the "why" behind the strategy.
- Creating the ability to move quickly.