Podcast — The Importance of Consumer Insights During COVID-19
With Victor Reiss — VP, Consumerism and Insights at UNC Health
Available as a Podcast
How UNC Health is Using Consumer Insights
- UNC Health leverages consumer insights by transforming consumer data into meaningful and actionable insights that empower business decisions.
- The goal is to predict consumers' behaviors, attitudes, and motivations.
- Thus, they have new capabilities to know consumers well and build an emotional blueprint to understand consumers' emotions that connect their values and desires to UNC Health.
- Listening is the glue of consumer insights.
- We cannot forget to leverage this type of insight and data with our employees, as they are brand ambassadors and consumers of care.
How to Leverage Consumer Insights During COVID-19
- It is critical right now to during COVID-19, to understand how your local consumer feels.
- Recently, there has been consumer COVID-19 fatigue, and we continuously have to adapt our messaging to ensure it still sends an urgent message in keeping people safe.
- One adjustment UNC Health has made is through their content marketing efforts in that they are talking with a patient or consumer, versus just talking at them.
How Healthcare Has Left Behind Underserved Communities
- There is a lot of work to do with all the underserved populations, and COVID-19 has put a massive spotlight on this long-term issue.
- With underserved communities having a more negative outlook on healthcare and the systems that provide this care, hospitals need to find ways to build trust and proactively serve these communities.
- UNC Health has created a mobile testing unit that deploys to these targeted areas to ensure everyone has access to testing.
With Wendell Potter, former health plan executive turned whistleblower
Providers' COVID-19 experience: Taking care of patients while risking safety and financial solvency.
Payors' COVID-19 experience: __________
... We'll let health plan executive turned whistleblower, Wendell Potter fill in the blank in this episode.
With ReviveHealth's CEO Brandon Edwards and EVP Chris Bevolo.
What do Brandon Edwards and Chris Bevolo really think about the state of the healthcare industry and hospital marketing? Get their honest answers on this episode of The No Normal Show.
With Paul Hackett, Executive Creative Director at ReviveHealth
We'll always have a soft spot for the Don Draper era of advertising, but the world is different, people are different – and now our methodology must also be different. Which factors should you address to modernize your health system's brand? Find out in this episode.
With Bjorn Gunnerud, Senior Vice President of Strategy, ReviveHealth
If you sink nearly every 3-pointer but can't seem to dunk, what would you prioritize in training? It's easy to focus on our weaknesses, yet there's much to gain from fine-tuning what's already working. Listen to this episode for discussion on finding the right balance.