Podcast — The Importance of Consumer Insights During COVID-19
Available as a Podcast
How UNC Health is Using Consumer Insights
- UNC Health leverages consumer insights by transforming consumer data into meaningful and actionable insights that empower business decisions.
- The goal is to predict consumers' behaviors, attitudes, and motivations.
- Thus, they have new capabilities to know consumers well and build an emotional blueprint to understand consumers' emotions that connect their values and desires to UNC Health.
- Listening is the glue of consumer insights.
- We cannot forget to leverage this type of insight and data with our employees, as they are brand ambassadors and consumers of care.
How to Leverage Consumer Insights During COVID-19
- It is critical right now to during COVID-19, to understand how your local consumer feels.
- Recently, there has been consumer COVID-19 fatigue, and we continuously have to adapt our messaging to ensure it still sends an urgent message in keeping people safe.
- One adjustment UNC Health has made is through their content marketing efforts in that they are talking with a patient or consumer, versus just talking at them.
How Healthcare Has Left Behind Underserved Communities
- There is a lot of work to do with all the underserved populations, and COVID-19 has put a massive spotlight on this long-term issue.
- With underserved communities having a more negative outlook on healthcare and the systems that provide this care, hospitals need to find ways to build trust and proactively serve these communities.
- UNC Health has created a mobile testing unit that deploys to these targeted areas to ensure everyone has access to testing.