Deep Dive into Our COVID-19 Vaccine Consumer Report
With Ryan Colaianni – SVP, leading ReviveHealth’s issues and crisis department.
Available as a Podcast
Findings from a COVID-19 Vaccine Survey
- When it comes to determining if the COVID-19 vaccine is safe or not, consumers trust their doctors, health systems, and federal health officials more than anyone else.
- Hospitals will need to figure out if they require staff to get the vaccine before returning to work?
- Physicians must be involved in the system's external response to the COVID-19 vaccine and also their internal communications to increase adoption and credibility.
- Physicians and nurses agree that front-line healthcare workers should be the first to receive the COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available. Still, most people said (68%) that they'd rather not be in the first wave.
- Doctors and nurses are just as hesitant – and for the same reasons as consumers.
- Consumers worry that the first approved vaccine won't be safe, that it won't be useful, and that politics have compromised the process. Health systems must find a way to cut through the noise and provide specific reasons for why it's safe to receive the vaccination.
Groups to Prepare Specific Messaging for
- Three specific groups were shown in the survey that you need to prepare specific messaging for when it comes to increasing the vaccines adoption:
- Adopters (yes, I will take the vaccine right away)
- Skeptics (no, I will wait)
- Rebels (no, I don't plan to get the vaccine ever)
- From an external standpoint, prioritize the skeptic's group, but from an internal perspective (like physicians), focus on the rebel group.
- There needs to be a specific communication plan for each group, especially within the health systems.
- Telling everyone to get a vaccine is not that simple – it's deeper than that; it is phycological. To evoke change, we need to understand what moves people and incorporate that into our messaging.
With Bjorn Gunnerud, Senior Vice President of Strategy, ReviveHealth
If you sink nearly every 3-pointer but can't seem to dunk, what would you prioritize in training? It's easy to focus on our weaknesses, yet there's much to gain from fine-tuning what's already working. Listen to this episode for discussion on finding the right balance.
With Shannon Hooper — Chief Growth Officer, ReviveHealth
After a year of COVID-19, a light glitters at the end of a very long tunnel. What trends are shaping the world on the other side? Moreover, what can we do to regain our footing while in the No Normal?
With Kathy Winn, Vice President, Strategic Marketing, LifePoint Health
Targeted marketing requires a personal touch – but how can you add a personal touch with brands spanning 88 hospitals in 29 states? LifePoint Health Vice President, Strategic Marketing, Kathy Winn, has an idea or two.
Kevan Mabbutt, Chief Consumer Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
Looking to add a little imagination to the healthcare consumer experience? Former Disney Head of Global Insights and current Intermountain Healthcare Chief Consumer Officer, Kevan Mabbutt, has some advice to set you in the right direction.