Podcast — Leveraging Price & Clinical Transparency as a Brand Differentiator
- HANYS Report on Report Cards
- Jackson Health System Care Quote
- Jackson Health System Quality Data Platform
- Subscribe to the Podcast & Listen On-the-Go
Jackson Health's Transparency Philosophy
- When there is clarity about what public institutions are doing, it allows them to create buy-in and build alliances within the organization.
- With Jackson Health System being a public hospital, they've embraced the idea of transparency and have made it a part of their DNA as an organization.
How to Address Transparency
- Rather than relying on other sources or reviews, Jackson Health has leveraged public data and display it for all to see on their Quality Data Program site.
- Being a transparent organization means that you share your health systems' performance, even in areas you are not performing as high as competitors or the national average.
- This public data is being leveraged to motivate internal teams to improve on the quality of care where needed.
- Pricing transparency with health systems can be complicated. Still, Jackson Health has created a way to offer free quotes for upcoming surgeries based on your specific insurance coverage to give you an out-the-door price for your procedure.
- It's been a very successful program and is a great lead source for the organization.
COVID-19's Impact on Transparency
- Given that COVID-19 has forced hospitals to move incredibly quickly, in some organizations, it has created situations where hospitals and payors find themselves disconnected, especially on the payment and coverage side for COVID-19.
The Future of Transparency
- We will not be going back to where we were nine months ago, especially as it pertains to virtual care.
- Even as payors are pulling back reimbursement for virtual visits, consumers have tasted the convenience, and some are keen on never going back to what it was.