Podcast — Leveraging Price & Clinical Transparency as a Brand Differentiator
With Matt Pinzur — Chief Marketing Officer, Jackson Health Sytem
- HANYS Report on Report Cards
- Jackson Health System Care Quote
- Jackson Health System Quality Data Platform
- Subscribe to the Podcast & Listen On-the-Go
Jackson Health's Transparency Philosophy
- When there is clarity about what public institutions are doing, it allows them to create buy-in and build alliances within the organization.
- With Jackson Health System being a public hospital, they've embraced the idea of transparency and have made it a part of their DNA as an organization.
How to Address Transparency
- Rather than relying on other sources or reviews, Jackson Health has leveraged public data and display it for all to see on their Quality Data Program site.
- Being a transparent organization means that you share your health systems' performance, even in areas you are not performing as high as competitors or the national average.
- This public data is being leveraged to motivate internal teams to improve on the quality of care where needed.
- Pricing transparency with health systems can be complicated. Still, Jackson Health has created a way to offer free quotes for upcoming surgeries based on your specific insurance coverage to give you an out-the-door price for your procedure.
- It's been a very successful program and is a great lead source for the organization.
COVID-19's Impact on Transparency
- Given that COVID-19 has forced hospitals to move incredibly quickly, in some organizations, it has created situations where hospitals and payors find themselves disconnected, especially on the payment and coverage side for COVID-19.
The Future of Transparency
- We will not be going back to where we were nine months ago, especially as it pertains to virtual care.
- Even as payors are pulling back reimbursement for virtual visits, consumers have tasted the convenience, and some are keen on never going back to what it was.
With Wendell Potter, former health plan executive turned whistleblower
Providers' COVID-19 experience: Taking care of patients while risking safety and financial solvency.
Payors' COVID-19 experience: __________
... We'll let health plan executive turned whistleblower, Wendell Potter fill in the blank in this episode.
With ReviveHealth's CEO Brandon Edwards and EVP Chris Bevolo.
What do Brandon Edwards and Chris Bevolo really think about the state of the healthcare industry and hospital marketing? Get their honest answers on this episode of The No Normal Show.
With Paul Hackett, Executive Creative Director at ReviveHealth
We'll always have a soft spot for the Don Draper era of advertising, but the world is different, people are different – and now our methodology must also be different. Which factors should you address to modernize your health system's brand? Find out in this episode.
With Bjorn Gunnerud, Senior Vice President of Strategy, ReviveHealth
If you sink nearly every 3-pointer but can't seem to dunk, what would you prioritize in training? It's easy to focus on our weaknesses, yet there's much to gain from fine-tuning what's already working. Listen to this episode for discussion on finding the right balance.