Podcast — 3 ways to stay competitive in a changed world
Featuring peer-to-peer conversations with top health system marketers
- Making room for new, high-ROI initiatives may mean retiring old practices that no longer make sense in today's changed world. We call these old practices the "untouchables" because they're often repeated on behalf of leadership without a clear business case.
- We discussed three "untouchable" marketing initiatives, including open enrollment campaigns, disease of the month campaigns, and the U.S. News & World Report.
Modern brands are human brands
- The way people interact with brands has changed, and health system marketers must be more creative and relevant in how they connect with their audiences.
- Staying creative and relevant means we have to become human brands, prioritizing honesty and authenticity while listening to our audiences at every opportunity.
- Patients' experience of your hospital or health system brand must match your brand promise – what your patients can expect from you at every step of their consumer journey.
- Today's consumers have more options, and those options often offer low-stakes trial periods, resulting in waning brand loyalty. To counter this trend, health brands must become human brands.
Thinking different, differently
- Creativity means taking risks and ignoring unfounded doubts. But don't just be different to be different. Be different to resonate.
- Between COVID-19, social unrest, and election turmoil, events within the last year created stressors and ignited new fires. The result: changed behaviors.
- Multiculturalism is no longer a nice-to-have. It has to exist in the data we pull, the strategy we employ, and the creative we develop. It's not just about language.
- Can you still have a single brand slogan? Will a broad slogan resonate across audiences? What are the implications if that is the case? Hospital and health system marketers must consider these questions.
Featuring Philip Guiliano, Partner, BrandActive
Step one. Step two. Step three. Repeat? You've got processes, you've got a plan ... but are these steps getting you to your goals in the most efficient way possible? We'll call that the million dollar question.
Featuring Heather Geisler, Chief Marketing, Communications, & Experience Officer, Henry Ford Health System
Most of us have worked in the healthcare marketing arena for quite some time. Some of us have even been at the same health system for 10+ years. What's it like coming in with fresh eyes? That's what Heather Geisler, Henry Ford Health System Chief Marketing, Communications, and Experience Officer, is here to talk about.
Featuring FutureBrand's Chief Strategy Officer, Eliza Yvette Esquivel, and Chief Creative Officer, Daniel Andersson
It's the old chicken-or-the-egg debate. On the one hand, you need brand to live out your purpose. On the other, you need purpose to define who you are as a brand. Could it be argued that brand and purpose are one in the same?
Featuring Summit Health's CMO, Matt Gove
Healthcare is ripe for transformation yet notoriously resistant to change. For the disruptors of the world, it's like staring at a big red button labeled, "Don't push" ... and we all know how that story goes. But what's going on in the minds of those itching to change the status quo in healthcare marketing? Get the perspective of Summit Health's CMO, Matt Gove.