Podcast — 3 ways to stay competitive in a changed world
Featuring peer-to-peer conversations with top health system marketers
- Making room for new, high-ROI initiatives may mean retiring old practices that no longer make sense in today's changed world. We call these old practices the "untouchables" because they're often repeated on behalf of leadership without a clear business case.
- We discussed three "untouchable" marketing initiatives, including open enrollment campaigns, disease of the month campaigns, and the U.S. News & World Report.
Modern brands are human brands
- The way people interact with brands has changed, and health system marketers must be more creative and relevant in how they connect with their audiences.
- Staying creative and relevant means we have to become human brands, prioritizing honesty and authenticity while listening to our audiences at every opportunity.
- Patients' experience of your hospital or health system brand must match your brand promise – what your patients can expect from you at every step of their consumer journey.
- Today's consumers have more options, and those options often offer low-stakes trial periods, resulting in waning brand loyalty. To counter this trend, health brands must become human brands.
Thinking different, differently
- Creativity means taking risks and ignoring unfounded doubts. But don't just be different to be different. Be different to resonate.
- Between COVID-19, social unrest, and election turmoil, events within the last year created stressors and ignited new fires. The result: changed behaviors.
- Multiculturalism is no longer a nice-to-have. It has to exist in the data we pull, the strategy we employ, and the creative we develop. It's not just about language.
- Can you still have a single brand slogan? Will a broad slogan resonate across audiences? What are the implications if that is the case? Hospital and health system marketers must consider these questions.
Featuring Christian Barnett, Senior Vice President, Strategy
You've done the research, you've analyzed the data, and somehow, your audience isn't engaging with your campaign in the way your team intended. Could the problem be the lens you're using to examine your communities' challenges?
Hear ReviveHealth's Senior Vice President, Strategy, Christian Barnett discuss the role of ethnography in driving campaign engagement for health systems.
Featuring Chris DuFresne, VP of Experience & Marketing Operations, Allina Health
Digital transformation may not mean a complete overhaul of care delivery, but rather an intentional evolution toward a seamless consumer experience. How can health systems strike a balance between digital and in-person touchpoints in this pursuit? Hear Chris DuFresne, Vice President of Experience and Marketing Operations at Allina Healthdiscuss best practices.
With Chris Hemphill, VP of Applied AI & Growth at SymphonyRM
You've likely heard of AI, but how well do you understand its application in healthcare? For many, AI is yet another acronym to describe a "game-changing" technology. While we can't argue with that definition, we invite you to expand on it. Hear Chris Hemphill, SymphonyRM's VP of Applied AI & Growth, discuss AI trends impacting health system marketers.
Featuring Mount Sinai's Karen Wish, CMO, and John Davey, VP Marketing Technology
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but 170-year-old Mount Sinai health system would beg to differ. HearMount Sinai Health System's Chief Marketing Officer, Karen Wish, and Vice President Marketing Technology, John Davey, to discuss innovation in branding, organizational structure, and digital strategy.