Podcast — Daily Briefing Live - May 18, 2020
Resources Mentioned in Today's Episode
- The Commonwealth Fund Article: Primary Care as a Bulwark Against COVID-19
Primary Care and Reverse Trends – Walmart Health
- Is retail health COVID-19 proof?
- Walmart Health is promising because it provides convenience and affordability while having a business that is minimally affected by the pandemic.
- There have been multiple stores that have been noted as COVID-19 hot spots, but surveys tell us this data has failed to dissuade consumers from going to the stores.
- Retail healthcare is focused on community-based care, which has shined during this time.
- Is there a generational difference?
- Millennials don’t feel a need to have a relationship with their PCP.
- COVID-19 might be the time to build trust with consumers and educate them about the importance of having a PCP.
- The eruption of hospitals actively using telehealth will provide convenience for consumers in interacting with a health system.