Podcast — Leveraging Your Brand with Stanford Health Care CMO
Resurgence In California
- California is experiencing a new resurgence of COVID-19 in their hospitals.
- More people are on ventilators and in the ICU than ever before.
- A main contributor to this resurgence is that not enough people are sticking to the mask and social distance guidelines.
- Another obstacle for California is the number of counties within the state.
- Counties started to open up on a regional basis.
- So, you can be in one county and go to the gym and restaurants, but in the next county over, it is completely closed down.
- Lastly, people are starting to experience cabin fever and are beginning to travel freely and frequently to open counties.
The Latest on COVID-19 Testing
- Stanford has created a centralized testing system that allows their operations to run smoothly.
- They also opened a new hospital to combat COVID-19, and turned their ED into a testing site as well.
- Stanford is now able to test over 20,000 people per day and get results back between two hours and two days – which is significantly faster than the national average.
- Though Stanford has international patients, they have focused a lot of their marketing communications efforts on local and regional markets.
- Stanford has focused on being a credible source for their local are.
- Their goal is that the community can come to them for information that they know they can trust.
- Another standard that Stanford keeps is constantly testing employees as a part of taking all the necessary precautions to keep both patients and employees safe.
- That has been one of the most important measures taken in the pandemic.