Podcast — The No Normal Show, Episode 5
Issue 1: Test Results
- Hospitals are once again dealing with testing problems, and some consumers have to wait between 10-14 days for results.
Issue 2: Masks
- Masks are essential to lowering the threat of this virus.
- Right now, the dynamic around wearing a mask is polarizing.
- If you wear one, you are labeled a sheep, and if you don’t, you are a heartless monster.
- Unfortunately, we are seeing these two sides separate even further due to ongoing contradictions in reports about the safety of masks.
- The good news is that more and more people are coming around, and hopefully, soon, the general public would be willing to wear a mask.
Issue 3: A Second Shutdown
- Even if you are not experiencing problems currently, you need to start planning for it now.
- There should be an agreed-upon plan before we find ourselves in this situation.
- If you stay open, you must ask:
- What are the necessary steps we need to take to keep it safe?
- How do we ensure the public it’s safe to receive care within our hospitals?
- Always keep the public informed.
- If you need to shut down, you need to be forthcoming about it.
- It’s important to clearly communicate the why behind hospitals shutting down elective procedures again.