Podcast — What Health Systems Will Look Like in 2030 by Mayo Clinic
With Adam Brase – Division Chair for Strategic Intelligence, Mayo Clinic
Resources in Today's Episode:
- Mayo Clinic's Presentation Slides
- Five Long-Term Consumer Behavior Changes Due to COVID-19
- Listen to this episode on the go through our podcast
Do We All Have an Equal Chance for Health?
- How to Forecast the Future
- On an annual basis, Mayo Clinic looks for a collection of trends.
- Some trends are healthcare-related, and some are macro-related and are affecting every industry.
- They take the trends and predictions and determine how these impact their organization.
Five Forecasts for the Future
- Accurate diagnosis, anytime, anywhere.
- The patient will see you now – this means that we believe there will be a day when consumers will be much more in control of their health care, and providers will need to adapt to that.
- Virtual visits will outpace physical interactions. Within two months of the pandemic, there were 2 billion virtual visits.
- Today's reimbursement model becomes old school – Healthcare is one of the last industries to go through consumer transformation.
- Research and education are game-changers.
Predictions from October 2019 into what 2030 Will Look Like
- A massive increase in AI innovation.
- Cybersecurity from the standpoint of moving from attacks on individuals to attacks on hospitals and government entities.
- Big tech would not stay just in the realm of technology but will disrupt multiple different industries.
- Rise of consumerism – almost all consumers will feel a need to take control of their information.
- We're due for an economic downturn, and there will probably be two economic downturns over the next ten years.
- There will be job losses due to automation and technology implementations.
- Unaffordability is a big concern in healthcare.
- As they look at 2030, there will be a more significant increase in social division.
With Bjorn Gunnerud, Senior Vice President of Strategy, ReviveHealth
If you sink nearly every 3-pointer but can't seem to dunk, what would you prioritize in training? It's easy to focus on our weaknesses, yet there's much to gain from fine-tuning what's already working. Listen to this episode for discussion on finding the right balance.
With Shannon Hooper — Chief Growth Officer, ReviveHealth
After a year of COVID-19, a light glitters at the end of a very long tunnel. What trends are shaping the world on the other side? Moreover, what can we do to regain our footing while in the No Normal?
With Kathy Winn, Vice President, Strategic Marketing, LifePoint Health
Targeted marketing requires a personal touch – but how can you add a personal touch with brands spanning 88 hospitals in 29 states? LifePoint Health Vice President, Strategic Marketing, Kathy Winn, has an idea or two.
Kevan Mabbutt, Chief Consumer Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
Looking to add a little imagination to the healthcare consumer experience? Former Disney Head of Global Insights and current Intermountain Healthcare Chief Consumer Officer, Kevan Mabbutt, has some advice to set you in the right direction.