Podcast — 3 Things Providers Should Know Regardless of Who Wins Election
With Jarrett Lewis — Partner, Public Opinion Strategies
State of the Presidential Race
- Biden has had a lead of 7-10 points in the presidential election since the Summer of 2019, and that trend is currently continuing.
The Impact on Healthcare
- We came into this year with healthcare as the top issue of the election, but since COVID-19 hit the U.S., it hasn’t played as large of a part as many thought it would since the beginning of the year.
- Though that began to change mid-summer with consumers coming out of lockdown and this week as people begin to participate in early voting.
COVID-19 and its Impact on Voting
- A COVID-19 outbreak has the potential to massively impact that number of voters that show up to vote on Election Day. We already see this happen in Milwaukee, where they have consolidated 180 polling locations to less than 12 due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- This has the potential to give Democrats an advantage over the Republican Party due to many of their voters utilizing the mail-in ballots, whereas Republicans historically have more heavily relied upon election day voters.
Three Things Providers Should Have in Mind, Regardless of Who Wins.
- There will be another stimulus package, no matter who wins this year’s election. Providers must continue to make the case to political leaders to ensure they see the essential role providers have and are playing in the COVID-19 crisis.
- Surprise billing is here to stay and will begin to resurface post-election or at the latest in 2021.
- With the COVID-19 vaccine controversy heating up every day, it will take providers playing a larger role for the country to see the vaccine’s mass adoption. Here are ten vaccine considerations for hospital communicators.
Featuring Philip Guiliano, Partner, BrandActive
Step one. Step two. Step three. Repeat? You've got processes, you've got a plan ... but are these steps getting you to your goals in the most efficient way possible? We'll call that the million dollar question.
Featuring Heather Geisler, Chief Marketing, Communications, & Experience Officer, Henry Ford Health System
Most of us have worked in the healthcare marketing arena for quite some time. Some of us have even been at the same health system for 10+ years. What's it like coming in with fresh eyes? That's what Heather Geisler, Henry Ford Health System Chief Marketing, Communications, and Experience Officer, is here to talk about.
Featuring FutureBrand's Chief Strategy Officer, Eliza Yvette Esquivel, and Chief Creative Officer, Daniel Andersson
It's the old chicken-or-the-egg debate. On the one hand, you need brand to live out your purpose. On the other, you need purpose to define who you are as a brand. Could it be argued that brand and purpose are one in the same?
Featuring Summit Health's CMO, Matt Gove
Healthcare is ripe for transformation yet notoriously resistant to change. For the disruptors of the world, it's like staring at a big red button labeled, "Don't push" ... and we all know how that story goes. But what's going on in the minds of those itching to change the status quo in healthcare marketing? Get the perspective of Summit Health's CMO, Matt Gove.