Join Our Team: Media Planner
Collaboration is our watchword.
POSITION: Media Planner
EXPERIENCE: 2-4+ years
REPORTS TO: Media Planning Director
This Media Planner collaborates with our core team members and clients to champion a modern approach by understanding customer behavior and context, and then envisioning, planning and orchestrating strategic media plan to define how brands connect to people. The strong use of data to define tasks, drive solutions and optimize for success is crucial. The Media Planner is a key player in developing and executing paid digital media plans for our clients.
Experience in developing and executing media plans for hospitals and health systems, health technology companies, physician groups, and all types of health services organizations is highly valued.
- Assist the development of strategy that informs when, where and how a brand should connect:
- Understand the customers’ path to conversion
- Understand the client’s competitive threats and provide guidance for differentiation
- Define the roles, key message and key outcome of each channel
- Define the interaction of the channels that form the ecosystem
- Define the context and requirements for creative execution
- Lead a data-driven approach that will define communication KPIs for each key element of the campaign to measure performance and continually optimize campaign ROI
- Analyze and illuminate how consumers interact with devices, content and media, then develop insights based on their motivation to reveal what value a brand needs to provide. Utilize data to understand behaviors and uncover unexpected insight that inspire bold ideas for connection and measurement
- Create and execute plans that seamlessly blend paid media efforts with owned platforms, digital and social content and PR-oriented media activities.
- Stay up-to-date on opportunities and changes with channels and vendors, and regularly inform the agency for broader team knowledge.
- Understanding of how communications, creative and media work together
- Strong understanding of paid search, social, digital targeting and lead generation
- Knowledge and ongoing discovery of vendors, platforms and partners who can aid our efforts in the space
- Understanding the nuances between and experience reaching both B2C and B2B audiences
- A passion for strategy, culture, trends, impacting behavior, and inspiring others
- 2+ years’ experience in communications planning: program planning and management; fluency in a range of channels; experience with core planning tools and systems; ability to deliver programs from theory to execution
- Be equally at home with facts, data, insights, strategy, instinct and imagination
- Passion to continually absorb, learn, and evolve in the fast-changing digital space
- Highly effective communicator, writer and presenter
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Agency experience required
- Health care industry knowledge and experience is highly preferred but not required, particularly in health services, health IT or health systems