Join Our Team: Vice President, Technology
Collaboration is our watchword.
POSITION: Vice President, Technology
OFFICE: Nashville, TN
EXPERIENCE: 8-10+ years
REPORTS TO: SVP Digital
A successful VP, Technology is passionate about creating insight-based and technology-enabled marketing and customer experiences. They will take a technology-first approach to the development and delivery of marketing and communication assets that meet our clients’ current needs while also establishing the future state experiences for audience engagement and operational efficiency. The ideal candidate will be a solution-oriented technology leader with the ability to deliver proper code and product both on-time and on budget. They will optimize solutions so that end products for users, clients, and internal teams are simple and easy-to-use. They will have a deep understanding and experience of the full development process, and will be expected to lead the definition, development, and delivery of digital projects. The VP, Technology drives strategy, innovation, delivery and best practices for the agency and its clients. The candidate must demonstrate a proven ability to work with other leaders across multiple functional areas including Client Relations, Business Strategy & Growth, Insights, Project Management, Creative, Operations, and IT, setting the best balance between technology strategies and organizational priorities.
- Recommend and execute technology solutions that align with business priorities/needs, and marketing strategies
- Coordinate with clients’ business technology groups on various project deliverables and client technology specific guidelines
- Coordinate with client and partner technology leads on security policies and procedures
- Collaborate with various client relationship teams/business development on digital tactics and new initiatives to promote to clients
- Contribute and commit to project plans with defined tasks, requirements and timelines, for timely, cost-effective and quality deliverables
- Establish development process and guidelines within the agency
- Document and comply with processes following a mix of agile, waterfall and other applicable methodologies
- Stay abreast of industry trends, tools and technologies keeping innovation at the forefront
- Research and develop prototypes to demonstrate new technologies
- Mentor team members on new technologies/languages
- Communicate advanced technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent work experience in related fields.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience, with 2-3+ years’ management experience
- Experience in healthcare and direct experience with HIPAA regulations required; experience with Health Services, Health Systems, or Health Technology a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to implement marketing technologies from scratch, inherit and improve technologies, or rip and replace existing technologies
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational dynamics
- Natural curiosity, and excitement to stay abreast with the latest marketing technology trends and best practices
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of tasks
- Experience integrating marketing applications with enterprise applications/platforms
- Working knowledge of:
- Marketing Automation Systems such as Marketo, Eloqua and Hubspot
- CRM platforms such as Salesforce, Advisory Board, Insightly
- Digital Analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Tag Management Solutions (Tealium), Omniture
- Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, iApps, PHPfusion