Operation Recovery Episodes
Operation Recovery RVH Industry Report
- The pandemic has accelerated a financial crisis that providers were already approaching
- This crisis has brought into focus just how unreasonable payors’ expectations were prior to COVID-19.
- In response to COVID-19, payors have adjusted their administrative, financial, and contract negotiation behaviors in ways that are even more detrimental to providers.
- More consolidation is coming, and providers must be prepared.
- The current wave of goodwill for healthcare providers does not (necessarily) equate to a solid negotiation position.
- Health system leaders need to look beyond the immediate crisis and advocate for their future
- Payors need to continue to communicate with their teams. Try to stay focused and control what they can control. The time is now, it is important to do the goodwill activities to continue to stay strong and fight the good fight.